Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Order for Pick UP

You know that episode of Sex in the City when Miranda orders Chinese food and the guy makes fun of her for ordering the same thing she always ordered, so she yells at him for laughing?  And then later she chokes on a piece of chicken and freaks out about the potential of dying alone in her apartment and her cat eating her dead body? I remember watching that episode from my sheltered mid-western life and thinking it was so hilarious.  

I don't think it's very funny anymore. 


There's a sushi place across the street from my apartment. I am not a huge sushi person but there are a few rolls that I love; sweet potato roll with no eel sauce and an Avocado roll with peanut. I occasionally get edamame to spice things up. But only when I'm really hungry.  Last night i called, gave my number for an "order for pick-up", and then ordered my old stand by rolls.  She actually, out loud laughed at me.  "Same as usual, then?"  Uh, yeah.  Same as usual.  

Also, if whatever I ordered last time and the time before that and the time before that comes up on your screen once you type in my phone number and you see that it is EXACTLY the same order everytime, why make me say out loud that I'd like to continue the monotony?  Why must I say out loud the words "no eel sauce" when you can see damn well that I don't want any.  

Now, she has made comments before about the boring repetition of my orders - but only ever upon pick-up.  And since she does so between compliments or questions about my tiny dog, then I'm usually more amenable to her judgement.  But to openly mock me while I'm ordering crosses a line. 

Is this a line that I will never cross again?  Probably not.  But still.  It's the principle of the matter and I will boycott for as long as I can.  So, TJs - you're out a customer at least until November. 

No comments:

Post a Comment