Friday, October 10, 2014

Names

I went out with a guy last night, whose name was WizzRan.  On his profile he seemed hip and fun and handsome.  We met at this shee-shee bar uptown, where the cocktails are $18 each.

I knew immediately that he and I were not going to work out.  However, I settled in with my  watermelon flavored distilled-milk liquor (super gross btw - but if you're going to charge $18 for a drink then I'm gonna order the most ridiculous one available) and proceeded to get to try to get to know my date.

Curious about his name, I asked him what his parents names were.  Seemingly aghast, his reply was "well, that's a personal question..."

Is it?  To me, that question is totally game and very middle of the road.
"What's the worst thing you've ever done?"
"Tell me about your hopes and dreams."
" How did you lose your virginity?"

Those are personal questions.

However, undeterred I explained to him that having one of the most generic names of all time, I'm always interested in names that are even a little bit different.  That seemed to placate him a little.  He agreed about the boring-ness of my name and said "yeah - well at least your name isn't Jane."

Ha ha. Good one.

My middle name is Jane.

I drank my drink as quickly as possible without vomiting and hopped in a cab to go home.  We will not be seeing each other a second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment