Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The rich life.

I spent my weekend living as the other half do.  One of my dearest friends married a wealthy man who has, in the last five years gotten progressively more wealthy.  Now they are rich.

They live in a beautiful and enormous house in a gated community.  They also have a lake house – on a lake.   They have a hot tub, an outdoor kitchen and a dumpster for compost that gets picked up every week.  Sleeping in their perfectly decorated California-king sized guest room with my own bath and television I realized something; money makes life easier.  I don’t think I’ll ever have any, but man is having a glass of wine in a hot tub under the stars before bed an awesome way to end a day.   A friend of mine used to say she didn’t need to own a boat, but she wanted to know someone who did.  I think that’s how I feel about hot tubs. And giant couches, and pantry doors that turn a light on just by opening and fireplaces that are controlled by remote.  I don’t need any of my own, but having the luxury of using them once in a while sure is awesome.


I think the real lesson here is that I am happy to mooch off my amazingly generous and wonderful friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment