Monday, March 9, 2015

Too much travel...

I travelled a lot in February. 

I worked my regular full-time job in NYC and shoved in a lot of travel on the weekends for tours, gigs and a little tiny bit of personal travel. 

Last month I visited:
Seattle, WA
San Francisco, CA
Modesto, CA
Orlando, FL
West Palm Beach, FL
Miami, FL
Winter Haven, FL
Charlotte, NC
Chicago, IL
Ocala, FL
Florida Keys, FL

All of my money now lives in the bank of my dog sitter.  When I adopted my pup I had a couple close friends living nearby who had whole-heartedly volunteered to dog-sit whenever I needed it.  They have all since moved away and I am so lucky to have a couple sitters living near-ish to me that I trust and like.  I am poor, obviously, but thankful for them. 

I am not getting on an airplane until April, thank God.  I just can’t do it.  I was hoping to get down to Florida for a couple days mid-month, but I just cannot.   

There used to be a shininess to travel that has worn off.  Living out of a suitcase.  Sleeping in hotels. Meeting new people everyday.  It’s nice once in a while (IF you’re staying in nice hotels), but mostly it’s exhausting.  And it is impossible to eat well.  I don’t know how anyone who travels more than they don’t aren’t obese.  If French fries are on the menu, I’m gonna order them.

Lessons learned?  Stay home.  Eat cereal for every meal. Snuggle my own dog for free in my own bed.  Go to sleep early. And avoid Newark Airport at all costs.


No comments:

Post a Comment