Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Stress

I find that living in NYC makes my anxiety level rise exponentially. Everything here just seems so dire.

Oh my God – I have to get up this escalator right now – I can’t believe you’re standing still on the left side of it! Can’t you see we’re all trying to get around you!?!

OhmahGod I have to get on this very full bus immediately, I can’t believe you don’t already have your MTA card out and in hand! 

What do you mean you only take cash?! 

It’s raining, and my umbrella isn’t golf sized!?!?    

It’s three o’clock in the afternoon on a Sunday,  I’m trying to take a nap and my neighbor is playing loud music?!?!   

Wtf?! The deli ran out of plastic forks?! 

Woe is me.

I’m going to be moving this summer, and while on its own, moving is incredibly stressful – moving in New York City?

World-ending-stressful.  

Two of my dearest friends in the city live near me but both of them are leaving NYC this summer.  One to LA and the other to Chicago; I don’t blame them, but I hate that they’re leaving me.   Because they won’t be nearby anymore, I’ll be changing neighborhoods, so I can live near other friends who welcome the chance to lay on the floor watching trashy tv and eating too much.   I have been planning to move into my own apartment, but sadly, now that I look at my budget, that seems less and less wise.   Additionally I’ll be travelling a lot this summer and worry about the actual schedule of moving. 

Being realistic is also incredibly stressful.  Why can’t I live in idiots-ville and just find an apartment that I like and assume that I’ll be able to find the money I need when it comes time to pay rent? 

Sigh.

If there was ever a time when I wished someone else would make decisions for me – it would be moving season.  Pick my perfect new apartment that fits inside my budget AND doesn’t require a broker fee.  Just get her done.

No comments:

Post a Comment