Saturday, June 6, 2015

Shades of Grey (Suits)

I don't like the fashion of men wearing light gray suits. 

I think they look so smarmy. I classify them as one step up from a khaki jacket. If clothing shops were equivalent for men and women, I imagine you'd be able to purchase a light gray suit at Dots or Rainbow.  

I realize these men don their dark colored shirt beneath said light grey suit thinking they're making a very savvy fashion choice, but to me it screams " I WANT YOU TO THINK I AM IN THE MAFIA!" 

Even if the guy hasn't slicked his hair back before dressing the dreaded light gray - once he's wearing the whole suit he just looks to me like a salesman. A bad one. A summer intern door to door salesman selling coupon books. 

I spent the summer between my junior and senior year of college doing door-to-door sales - it was the pits.  Nothing about that job was fun.  NOTHING.  The men I worked with were all so serious about their ability to make a drop and at least 80% of them owned a light grey suit.  

Guys, do us all a favor and stick with the classics, black, navy or periwinkle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment